Saturday 16 December 2017

CLBH and foiling

Hello there! Just popping in with a card for the current Coffee Lovers Blog Hop.


I used digital images from Verve (snowflake from My Cup to Yours set) and Tlc Creations (cups from the Perfect Winter Blend set). I arranged a few snowflakes in different sizes on a quarter of my page in MS Word and then added two cups in a different area on my page before printing it onto Neenah cardstock on my laser printer. I used Stamperia silver foil and a laminator to foil my images. I had never done this before, so it was kind of wonderful to see that it had actually worked. Woot!

I sponged Iced Spruce distress ink onto my background panel before running it through my Cuttlebug with a stitched rectangle die (SSS). The ink went on very smoothly but in a cloudy sort of way and I decided I liked this artsy look, so I went with it. I think the cardstock may have reacted a little differently to the ink blending after having gone through a hot laminator.
 I did a little colouring on my cups using Spectrum Noir coloured pencils and then fussy cut them out. After adhering my background panel using tape runner, I popped up my cups using foam tape and then added a few tiny red stars for a pop of colour.


I'm also playing at:

ATSM - #272 Make your mark


SSS Wednesday - Stitch it

Muse: ChristmasVisions - #90 Any Christmas or winter-themed card




13 comments:

  1. Wonderful design and I love the soft colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such PRETTY cups...lovely colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very pretty card. love the cups and snowflakes. love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deliciously frosty and pretty, Marianne ... the foiling must be so shimmery! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you colored the cups. The foil looks really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifully done, Marianne! Love the dreamy background and the snowflakes! Thanks for playing with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful! Love how you used these digis with the foil! Must try!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful! You are a tech-goddess and I bow to you! Well done! Thanks for joining us at MCV!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at ATSM, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous! I love that 'cloudy' look too and I Iced Spruce is my fav. colour ink. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful, Thank you for joining at Addicted to Stamps and More and waiting to see next time.

    Hugs
    Meena DT

    ReplyDelete