Sunday 24 December 2017

Find your happy every day

As promised, I'm back with another card and this time it's not a Christmas card lol.


I blended Distress Oxide inks through a die cut circle mask and then added the flower silhouettes through a stencil (Sheena Douglas) with the mask still in place. I removed the mask and then used another stencil and embossing paste (black stencil paste by Pentart) to create my large flower silhouette. I finished things off by adding some water splatters to my background and stamping the sentiment (SSS). I used a piece of acetate on top of my panel so that I could bend my stamp to follow the curve of my circle before picking up the stamp with the lid of my MISTI. I adhered my panel to a Neenah desert storm card base.

I'm playing at:

CAS Mix Up - I used stamping + masking, stencil, 
ink blending, water splatters and embossing paste


Cards in Envy - Framed with circles

HLS Mixed Media - Anything goes




11 comments:

  1. Oh I love how you used the Oxide inks in this circle!! Such a pretty card. Thanks for joining us in Cards in Envy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your black flowers really pop against the beautiful blended colours of your sunset background. Wonderful mix of techniques with adding the larger stenciled flower over top. Great design Marianne! Thanks for sharing this beauty with us at CAS Mix Up! Merry Christmas! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful example of CAS mixed media, Marianne! Love the way the sponged flower adds texture and depth! Thanks for sharing with us again at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the inside and outside design here - the colors in your circle are lovely and the curved sentiment looks great around it! thanks for sharing another card with us at CAS Mix Up! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great design - love the way you curved the sentiment! Wonderful stenciling both in the circle and on the large flower. Thanks so much for joining us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh Marianne, weergaloos mooi! Liefs Ineke 😘

    ReplyDelete
  7. My first reaction to the color palette was "Africa!" Love the warmth the card exudes!
    Cheers
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your beautiful sunset colored background framed by the circle! Love it! Thanks for sharing with us at Cards in Envy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. a beautiful card, love your circle
    thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers
    Barb Housner (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  10. stunning image!! LOVE the colors and your card!! thanks for playing with Cards In Envy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks so pretty .... those Distress Oxides are blended beautifully. Thank you for playing along with the HLS Mixed Media Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete