Saturday 30 December 2017

Merry Little Christmas

Those of you who are following my blog, won't be surprised to see that I have already started on my Christmas cards for next year LOL. Creating Christmas cards at this time of year, when the temperatures are relatively low, the heating is on and the Christmas tree is lit, makes much more sense than creating them in the heat of a Greek summer, right?


Anyway, this card started out as a CAS design, with a die cut panel (SSS stitched rectangles) and only a sentiment and a tree (SSS) that I coloured using my new Tombow markers and a little water. And then I decided to add this older but still cute reindeer (Sissix and Hero Arts), that I stamped in Royal Treatment ink (Catherine Pooler Spa collection) and coloured with Copics before die cutting. I used distress inks (Antique linen, Tumbled glass, Dusty concord) to blend some ink onto my background and added a few snowflakes from the Hero Arts set using generational stamping. I adhered my panel to a white card base and popped up the reindeer using foam tape.

I'm playing at:

ABNH - Winter holiday


SSS Wednesday - Anything goes

CWS - #21 Reindeer


HLS Christmas - Anything goes



8 comments:

  1. Kan ik een kaart reserveren? Haha. Oh so cute, cute, cute. Xx Ineke🍾

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just popping in to wish you a Happy and Healthy and Crafty New Year and thank you for your friendship and encouragement.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card, love the inking and snowflakes
    Hugs Kaz xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel like asking for a reservation, too! What an adorable card! And I'm totally with you when it comes to making Christmas cards from December 27 onwards - there's no better time!
    Love
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a cutie! You are an inspiration making your 2018 Christmas cards already, Marianne!! Happy New Year to you!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. So lovely! Love the soft colors!
    Thank you for joining us at Creative With Stamps! Happy New Year!
    Lilian
    The Leaf Studio

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what a sweet scene with that whimsical reindeer! Thank you for joining us at Creative With Stamps this month :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. hello! super sweet card, fun card! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    blog-paperie blooms
    ig-2klines

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete