Saturday 30 December 2017

New and old

The current Uniko Christmas challenge seemed like the perfect moment to break in two of the Uniko stamp sets that I bought earlier this year. 


For my first card, I used the Jingle Bells set (which is retired I think). I used my Catherine Pooler inks to stamp the images (Eucalyptus for the greenery and It's a girl, Rockin' Red & Peppermint Scrub for the poinsettia) and paired it with an old sentiment stamp (Handy Christmas Greetings, C.C. Designs).

I die cut my panel using a stitched rectangle die (SSS) and adhered this to my red card base, after drawing some limes using a white Pilot pen. To finish off, I went over the stamped images with a SN glitter brush and added Glossy Accents to the flower heart.

I'm entering my card at:

Uniko - #44 Christmas'


SSS Wednesday - Anything goes

Winter Wonderland - Anything Christmas goes

Christmas at Sweet Stampin' - Anything Christmas goes

Stamping Sensations - Winter trees and flowers

For my second card, I had a play with one of the stamps from Uniko's Background Builders: Round in Circles. I though it would be fun to try and mimick the look of Uniko's wonky background stripes. The sentiment banner is from another retired Uniko set (Label Love: Christmas). I used Catherine Pooler inks (Rocking' Red and Grass Skirt) to do my stamping.


I used a stitched rectangle die (SSS) to die cut my panel and fussy cut the sentiment banner. To pull the design together, I adhered two strips of red cardstock behind my popped up sentiment banner. I'm entering this card into the Uniko challenge as well (if it's allowed to have 2 cards in one post).

12 comments:

  1. Rocking those Uniko stamps Marianne, they look fantastic! Thanks for sharing with the Uniko Christmas Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful creation for our 'Winter trees and flowers' theme at Stamping Sensations challenge, many thanks for joining in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous winter flowers, perfect for our challenge! Thank you for sharing your beautiful card with us at Stamping Sensations.

    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! You've showcased your new UNIKO stamps wonderfully! Glad you didn't ask us to select a favourite; they're both fabulous! Thank you for sharing these gems in the UNIKO gallery!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh 2 fab (& quite different cards!). Love festive red and green combos x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous cards! And every time I see you use the white Pilot pen I think "Oh yes, I have to try that, too" but have I ever?! New Year's resolution found!
    Cheers
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Stamping Sensations, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely cards with sweet design. Thanks for joining us over at the Winter Wonderland.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two gorgeous cards, very different but using wonderfully the Uniko's stamps ! Love them both ! Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at Uniko ! Have a very Happy New Year !

    ReplyDelete
  10. these are both adorable....sweet designs! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    blog-paperie blooms
    ig-2klines

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful projects, lovely use of the Uniko stamps, thank you for joining .

    ReplyDelete
  12. Two beautiful cards. Love that you are enjoying your Uniko stamps and thank you for all your wonderful inspiration in the Uniko gallery. Happy 2018! Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete