Tuesday 30 August 2016

Acrylic block stamping

I'm back today with a card for a couple of fun challenges.


I combined the below inspiration photograph from the Essentials by Ellen August Pin-Sights challenge with trying a new technique, namely stamping with an acrylic block (or rather: 2 acrylic blocks)..


I focused on the wedding cake and the colours. After dabbing distress ink onto my acrylic block (Tattered rose, Tea dye and a few spots of Worn lipstick), I spritzed with water and stamped onto a panel of water colour cardstock. I used a water brush to smooth out the ink. I repeated the process for my top layer, using a smaller acrylic block and leaving out the Worn lipstick. I stamped the Mondo Hydrangea using the same distress inks (the bottom cake layer in the picture has a tone on tone relief) and stamped the single petal on a separate piece of water colour cardstock using worn lipstick, coloured the image using more distress ink and a water brush and then fussy cutting it. To spice up the colours a little, I added a little Abandoned coral, which I also used to overstamp the petal after my colouring was done. I also used a mix of Worn lipstick and Abandoned coral to paint a ribbon and ink the edges of my card base. The sentiment was stamped in Versafine sepia ink. I could not resist adding a little sparkle using clear Wink of Stella on the ribbon and petal and adhering a few gold sequins by Pretty Pink Posh.

I'm linking my card up at:
Essentials by Ellen August Pin-Sights challenge
Shopping our Stash - 267 Learn something new
AAA Cards - 72 New to you technique
Tuesday Throwdown - 309 Clean and simple
STAMPlorations August CAS challenge - Anthing CAS goes, with optional twist: gold
Stamping Sensations - August anything goes with a stamp
Penny Black and More - August anything goes with a stamp

 


12 comments:

  1. A fabulous creation for our Challenge at Stamping Sensations!Thanks for joining us this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful CAS creation is pretty pastel colours Marianne and one of my favourite techniques, I especially like to do it with the blocks with grids, give a great finish.

    Many thanks for joining in at Stamping Sensations and Penny Black and More challenge this month.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's such an amazing idea - and it looks fabulous with the hydrangea stamped on it. You clever cookie!!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great CAS card - thanks for sharing the technique you used. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Penny Black & More this month.
    Lynn x
    DT
    www.craftylinby.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. You never cease to amaze me! What a great card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Marianne: This is a very cool technique, it's amazing how much coverage you get with only the acrylic blocks.
    The pastel colors you chose and the details are so beautiful.
    Thank you for playing along with us at SHOPPING OUR STASH, hope you join us again soon.
    Hugs,
    Maria Rodriguez.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a super idea to use a tiered wedding cake as inspiration for your card. Love the muted colours this technique has created. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your CAS card is so pretty-- I love your combo of Abandoned Coral and Worn Lipstick! Match made in heaven! And your stamping with acrylic blocks: great job! Another technique that is similar is stamping with the reverse side of a clear stamp... same idea, but you can get funky shapes! Thank you for playing with us at SOS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Marianne, thanks for your nice comment - so sorry I got you excited about free shipping - my mistake. I am glad you pointed that out to me. I fixed it.
    That acrylic block stamping is cool - totally forgot about his technique. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Marianne, this is such a tender creation! Thank you so much for sharing your card with us at STAMPlorations CAS Card Challenge and AAA Cards. - Sweet Kobylkin

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is very effective!
    I've went back & checked out your other techniques too.
    That would be too far out of my comfort zone, and I don't even think I have any alcohol inks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The subtle flowers are lovely and I really like how you arranged the sequins. Thanks for joining our CAS challenge at Tuesday Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete