Sunday 4 September 2016

Jingling all the way

Can you believe it's September already? Although summer is not exactly over in my part of the world, it's high time to get cracking with those Christmas cards, to avoid the stress in November. And what better way to do so with some NBUS (never before used schtuff) supplies and a few fun challenges.


When I saw the Reindeer Games stamp set by Mama Elephant last year, I just had to have it, and these cute reindeer have been patiently waiting to be inked up. When I saw this sketch on the CAS(E) this Sketch blog, I immediately thought these reindeer would be just perfect. 


I stamped the images onto a piece of Neenah cardstock using sepia Versafine ink and added the sentiment (also NBUS by Crafter's Companion) and coloured them using Spectrum Noir coloured pencils. And then work got in the way, which meant I didn't manage to finish the card before the linky closed. This has happened to me before and it will undoubtedly happen again. Sound familiar?

At least I have another Christmas card done and it's perfect for the following challenges:

Jingle Belles - Music (I think the sentiment and the tiny jingle bell - also NBUS - say it all)
Darnell's NBUS #7 challenge - Give your never before used schtuff some love
Winter Wonderland - Cute Christmas characters (or Easel card)
The Pencil Case (a new to me challenge) - 27 Anything (hand coloured) goes
Colour Crazy Craft (another new to me challenge) - 21 Anything (hand coloured) goes




10 comments:

  1. Fabulous make. Thanks for joining us in our Anything Goes challenge at Graph’It Markers Colouring Challenge
    Anjie (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those stamps are so cute Marianne and love how you have used them on your card, it would bring a smile to anyone's face to receive it at Christmas.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's such a cute set of stamps!! And I can hear them jingling - they must be close by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What jingle-ful fun ... so very glad you got musical with us at jingle belles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooo what a fabby CAS Xmas card and so cute too, luv Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  6. ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh that's fun, what a great take on our musical theme & of course i'm always blown away by anyone who can assay CAS & (nearly) one layer... at the same time... with such beautiful coloring as well! thanks for singing along with us at JINGLE BELLES! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marianne! This SO would have been a winner at CTS!!! What a shame! I love it and at least you have an adorable Cc in your stash! I sure love having it in my NBUS gallery and thank you for playing! I must have these sweet reindeers!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Christmas card Marianne. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Winter Wonderland. We would love to see you again ... Anet DTx

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely - thank you for joining us at The Pencil Case
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute, love it.Thank you for joining us at The Pencil Case challenge. Helen DT

    ReplyDelete