My colourful panel started its life as a failed attempt at the splattered florals technique. After I had managed to create a floral on a second panel, I decided to play around with this first panel. I added plenty of alcohol blending solution to break up my thick layers and then went in again with some brighter drops of ink and blending solution. With a bit of imagination my shapes look like rose petals (or not haha). I added some foil accents in the upper left and bottom right corners, adhered some jute ribbon to the back of my panel on either side and then mounted this onto a panel of woodgrain cardstock that I had coloured using a wash of distress inks and smudging distress crayons on top. To finish off, I mounted my panel onto a white card base (slightly shorter than A2) and added a die cut from my box of left-overs. Since the dot for the 'i' was missing, I used a dot of glitter glue instead.
Thanks for visiting. I hope I have been able to inspire you.
I'm also linking my card up for the current Mixed Media Card challenge (#26), where this month's theme is Rainbow with the option of Dragonflies. I do hope my card qualifies.