Thursday, 11 August 2016

Creative Chemistry 103 homework - batch 1

I've been a good girl these past 10 days, spending my holiday break watching how-to videos (some of them several times) and doing some homework. I'm pretty sure this is the first online card class for which I have created a project for each and every day, and there is still more to come...

Here are some samples for days 1-5:

Day 1 - Highlight stamping - I used a 'regular' white pigment ink for my base layer. I understand the new Picket Fence distress ink has some extra special properties, so I might buy it next time I shop.

Day 2 - Spritzed watercolour - I used Letraset Aquamarkers since I don't own any distress markers. I can see they react in a different way, but I do like the results and it's a good way to try out techniques with the supplies you do have.

Day 3 - Collage Medium - I happened to throw a set of minis into my basket when shopping last month. Top to bottom: matte, crazing, vintage.

Day 4 - Distress Crayon Textured Resist - this didn't go the way it should have. I was adding crayons on top of crayons instead of blending distress inks, but I managed to salvage my piece by lifting most of the crayon using a baby wipe through my original stencil. Phew!

Day 5 - Alcohol Ink Painting on Yupo. Love how this turned out.

That's it for now. I hope to be back tomorrow with more homework. Thanks for your visit!


  1. Such a lovely collection of inkiness Marianne and a beautiful cone flower on the final one.

    B x

  2. Great job with all your techniques Marianne. Looking forward to seeing more! xx