Sunday 7 August 2016

Crazy bird and distress crayons

This card was inspired by Kathy Racoosin's inspiration piece using one of the techniques shown on day 4 of the Creative Chemistry 103 OCC class.


I didn't like how my panel turned out at first, especially because of the dark green and blue, but after I had matted my watercolour panel onto some dark blue and gold print cardstock and had added my sentiment using a die by Little B (Block out), I figured my first attempt at using distress crayons didn't look too bad after all.
When I first saw the Little B sentiment dies 2 years ago, I just had to have them, but this is actually the first time that I used it. Does this sound familiar? I left the letters in the dies (Happy & Birthday) so I could add some glue using a glue pen, placed them where I wanted them and then pressed the letters onto my panel using a big round embossing tool. I discovered I could add some extra dimension this way and also better define letters like the 'd' and 'p'. I die cut the 'day' part an extra time so that I could use the 'd' instead of the 'th' to read 'bird day' instead of 'birthday'.


I'm linking my card at:
Penny Black and More - August Anything goes with a stamp
Stamping Sensations - August Anything goes

7 comments:

  1. What a fun card with a fabulous choice of colors!
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Penny Black and More!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the inky background Marianne and your choice of colours which really set off the fab funky bird.

    We loved Crete and I thought about you as we sailed away and wondered if we passed close by to your part of the island.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me again Marianne, forgot to say thank you so much for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations and Penny Black and More challenges.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous card. Thank you for joining us at Penny Black and More this month and we hope you will join us next month.

    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those crazy birds - and your card, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for joining Stamping Sensations with this great entry, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete