Tuesday 2 January 2024

Sugar and Spice for CCC December 2023

Hello everyone. Wishing you all a happy, healthy and crafty New Year!

It's the 2nd of the month, which means it's time to reveal all of the cards that were exchanged in the Card Chain Challenge this past month. You can check out all of the cards in the CCC reveal post.

This month, my card went to Tina in Slovenia

The Tic-Tac-Tic-Tac-Toe 5x5 grid had me stumped for a while, until I realised that I could go with row 5 down, using the gingerbread man as my 'bloke'. The colours do seem rather pink in the picture instead of the burgundy from the Tic-Tac-Tic-Tac-Toe grid, but I did use Aged Mahogany distress ink as my darkest red.

The heat-embossed sentiment is hard to read in the picture but it says: Sugar and spice and everything nice.


I also realised I never shared the card that I sent to Jo in the UK for the November CCC. 
Some of you may have seen the card before, since I pulled the it from my stash. I was in such a frenzy finishing my Christmas cards that I could not find the peace to sit down and create a CCC card from scratch. This year, I intend to create more Christmas cards throughout the year again, so that I can avoid the end of year cardmaking stress. In fact, I already created my first two 2024 Christmas cards yesterday. Yay me!

Anyway, here's the card I sent out last month.


8 comments:

  1. Love your December card - making me very hungry! I can't tell you how much I love the card you sent. It's been on display with my Christmas cards, but will now be heading to my craft room to inspire me there! Thanks for being a link in our chain, Happy New Year! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A super creation for the December card, great idea to use the gingerbread man as a bloke, the card came together so nicely! Also loving your November card with that wonderful scene and gorgeous sky!
    Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it was a struggle for many of us to use this B grid! but we all rallied quite well in the end! What a cute gingerbread man and tree laid over your beautiful Bokeh background and lovely wood grain strips on top and bottom! And what a beautiful winter night sky you created on your November card! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Marianne! Great job with Tic Tac Toe!! I had trouble with 'buddy'! It all came together. November card night sky is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet gingerbread man, Marianne - love your bokeh too!! Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two lovely cards. Thanks for sharing them. You are right playing CCC can be a stress sometimes, but it is worth it in the end xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet card. I think I need a gingerbread man too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was looking for your card from Jingle Belles! Nice to see your cards and glad you are getting a head start this year.
    😉

    ReplyDelete