Thursday 18 January 2024

More upcycling for Jingle Belles

Hello everyone. I'm back with more upcycled packaging for Jingle Belles.

Before I remembered the Christmas gift bag, I used some old packaging (probably from Christmas cards at a time that I did not make enough cards myself), to create the perfect backdrop to this super cute bear from Katie Skilton's Festive Animal Antics collection. The bear and the Santa hat are in the Bear and Deer set. The sentiment is from the Fun Sentiments set that is part of the collection.

I had this snippet of white card that was exactly enough for die cutting two bears. I tried different cardstocks and colours for the belly and snout and found a snippet of silver Centura pearl card that was the perfect match for the silvery grey background. I love that the dies can also be used as a stencil to add colour, e.g. to the ears, while the debossed lines are perfect to add black details using a Micron pen.

I'm linking up this card at:

NBUS - #58 AG with NBUS


Snippets Playground - #471 Celebrate
To celebrate 12 years of the Snippets Playground 
under Miss Di's supervision
I used snippets for the bear and belly/snout and a
similar snippet of white card for the sentiment.

I was about to discard what was left of the bag when my eye fell on the garlands at the top of the bag (front and bag). I thought I might just as well pair these with two more bears I had already created to whip up two more QCAS cards (as my blogging friend Darnell would say - quick, clean and simple). For these bears, I decided to use the other hat in the set. I added the white detail using a Sakura gelly roll, again using the debossing as a guideline. The sentiments are from an older MFT sentiment set.

If I'm continuing like this, all of my Christmas cards will be done by August LOL.

I'm linking up my cards at:

Jingle Belles - Wrap it up




5 comments:

  1. how perfect are those garlands with those fun little bears ... so very glad you joined us at Jingle Belles for our first prompt of 2024.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go, girl, get those Christmas cards done by August and you can relax! These adorable bears have come to life in your fantastic snippets designs!! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! And for the shoutout! Happy New Year! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable cards! Love those bears. I NEED more cute die cuts in 2024. Wasn't this a fun challenge, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous projects with that very cute bear die. Thanks for sharing a photo of your snippets too.

    Thanks for entering a piece of homework to the Snippets Playground. See you up in the treehouse for copious amounts of hot chocolate and marshmallows later. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful selection of bear cards - you're so well ahead of the card making game right now for the next Christmas!

    Hugs
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete