Tuesday 9 January 2024

Wrapping it up for Christmas

Hello everyone. Thanks for stopping by.
I am determined to avoid the November cardmaking stress by starting my 2024 Christmas stash early, like I have been doing for several years. And what better way than to play along with some of the fun Christmas challenges out in blogland?

The lovely Jingle Belles are challenging us to use Christmas gift wrapping for our cards. Since we don't exchange gifts for Christmas, I had to resort to the only Christmas gift bag that our dog received from our sweet and lovely dog trainer. 


For this first card, I simply die cut a rectangle panel from the glittery side of the gift bag and paired it with an older stencil and distress ink blending. I added a mat of dark green behind my Santa panel and finished things off with these new sentiment dies from the Festive Frames and Sentiment die set, which is part of Katie Skilton's Animal Antics collection that I could not resist buying at Craftstash last summer. You will be seeing more of this collection on my blog soon.

I'm linking up my card at:

Jingle Belles - Wrap it up!

SSS Wednesday - Something new

The 12 Months of Christmas - AG Christmas
(optional: die cuts and/or embossing)

MLCCB - #54 AG Christmas

MAWTT - #162A new craft item 

8 comments:

  1. A fun retro style Father Christmas,the colours in the stencilled background pick out the colours of the flames in the fire perfectly,thank you for the kind words you left on my blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its lovely to see a Christmas card in January, thanks for joining us at MAWTT. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I'm glad your dog gets a gift...this is perfect! Your colors used matched the fireplace flames, and present!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Marriane,
    this is such a lovely image of Santa and a great design card.
    Thank you for joining the MAWTT Challenge.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great little Santa image ... so very glad you joined our first prompt of 2024 at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's such a great way to get another use out of that pretty bag.

    ReplyDelete

  7. Wow, that's a beautiful use of that cool bag, clever upcycling and a fabulous card! So pleased you could join our Jingle Belles fun in 2024!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great use of a gift bag!

    Thanks for playing along with us at MAWTT,

    Hugz Tinz

    ReplyDelete