Wednesday 18 October 2023

Pink Christmas 2023 - 4

Hello everyone. I'm back with one more batch of Pink Christmas cards to celebrate Pink Christmas for the Cure at Jingle Belles. I actually have more cards in the works but did not have enough time to finish them up. At least I'm making great progress on building my Christmas card stash, and about time too!

I created the backgrounds for these cards about a month ago, after seeing Jennifer McGuire's video on creating simple mixed media backgrounds.

I used 2 sheets of A4 cardstock to create my inky background using Distress Oxide inks, using colours that I knew would work for the annual October challenge prompt at Jingle Belles. Next, I cut up the cardstock panels to create 8 panels measuring 4 x 5 1/4 inch and taped them together at the back before continuing with my stamping and sparkly gold stencilling. I'm hoping to turn the remaining 4 panels into cards very soon.

I decided the panels did not need any additions other than a sentiment. I used elements from my UFO box, except for the 2 small black on white sentiment strips.

I love how these turned out. At first I felt a little disappointed because they did not turn out the way Jennifer's did, but now, a month later, I am totally in love. This is how I roll. I also know I will be revisiting this technique again (and again), using other colours (or maybe not 😁).

I'm linking up my cards at:

Jingle Belles - Pink Christmas for the Cure

HLS Christmas - Anything Christmas goes


Allsorts - #750 AG with the option of texture

ABC Christmas - U is for Use it up

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I think these might be the best ones yet... which is really saying something since you've done literally a DOZEN gorgeous PINK CHRISTMAS cards! As always, we're so happy you could join our Jingle Belles fun for a great cause! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. those mixed media backgrounds are perfection ... another awesome batch of Pink for the Cure Cards ... so glad you shared with us at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sure ARE getting Christmas cards done! I am going to check out the video!

    ReplyDelete
  4. très charmant et si élégantes création Marianne, merci de jouer avec nous chez ABC Christmas Challenge, biz

    ReplyDelete