Monday 18 October 2021

Peaceful poinsettia

Hello everyone. I've been on a roll creating cards these past few weeks, especially PINK Christmas cards. If you have been following my blog for a while, you will know that I always create pink Christmas cards in October in support of the annual PINK challenge over at the Jingle Belles blog. As always, the lovely Jingle Belles, Lauren and Stephanie, will EACH be donating 2 dollars to the US Breast Cancer Research Foundation. And since I am way behind on my Christmas card making, I was really determined to go and create some cards. So here's the first one.

I am also trying to us a lot of NBUS supplies, some brand new and some older stuff that have been patiently waiting in my stash...

I decided to stamp my poinsettias (from a NBUS stamp set, Debra's poinsettia, by Winnie & Walter, who are sadly no longer in business) onto kraft cardstock, stamping the base layer in white pigment ink. I die cut the Peace sentiment (Penny Black) and skinny frame (Frames die set, SSS) from white glitter card (Marianne Design), adding dimension to the sentiment using foam.

I'm linking up my card at:

Jingle Belles - Dreaming of a pink Christmas


NBUS - #31 Anything goes with never before used stuff


Winter Wonderland - Pinecones and/or poinsettias

HLS Christmas - Anything goes (optional: Joy)


Watercooler Wednesday - WWC326 All about occasions



8 comments:

  1. ohhhhh that is lovely... i don't know why i don't use pink and kraft more bc wouldja LOOK at this amazing card. (totally saving for my inspo file!) and of course thank you for joining our pink christmas fun at JINGLE BELLES!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the design on this one Marianne, the white frame and sentiment really draw the eye. Good cause as well.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to stamp on kraft more often. This is beautiful! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the HLS Christmas challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Jules ... I never think to use kraft and I love how this beautiful design turned out, Marianne! Thank you for sharing all your makes at NBUS and I hope your free-flowing mojo keeps on flowing!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. the white pigment stamping and the contrast of the sentiment against the kraft background are two of my favorite elements in your lovely design ... thanks so much for joining our PINK Celebration at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing your gorgeous card with us at the Winter Wonderland Christmas challenge, we hope you can join us again soon - Janice DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely card - the stamps are gorgeous and although in real life poinsettias can't be anything but red (in my mind) I'm very happy you gave them a pink hue for the cause!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Deze kaart is mooi geworden hè?
    Ik ga ook eens meer met kraft craftstock werken en eens mijn kerstroos stempels erbij gebruiken. Heb een zwak voor poinsettia stempels.
    Liefs Ineke��

    ReplyDelete