Monday 18 October 2021

Gnome for the holidays

I'm not a fan of the gnomes that you see in some gardens, but I could not resist this sweet NBUS gnome set by Crafter's Companion. And when I ordered the Tiffany craft & carry workstation (which was perfect for crafting outside on the terrace), it came with a free 12x12 paper pad from the same collection. I love that the gnomes are so easy to colour. I simply coloured them using my Copic markers and then used the stencil in the set to add the details to the coats and hats using dye inks and a blending brush.

I also used my markers to colour in the gifts. The stamp featuring the small gift comes with the hands attached. For the pile of gifts, I simply added the hands from the other stamp. The gnomes were die cut using the matching die from the set. I decided to fussy cut the presents because I preferred the look.

I used one of the papers from the paper pad for my background. The paper featured a few blue hearts, but I used a coloured pencil to make them purple. I covered up the one on the right with a die cut heart from pink centura pearl card, which I also used to mat my panel. The panel itself was die cut using the stitched rectangle from my NBUS Pinked slimline dies (CASual Fridays). 

I'm linking up my card at:

Jingle Belles - Dreaming of a pink Christmas

As always, the first JB challenge in October
is all about pink holiday cards. 
And for every card that is being linked up 
this fortnight, the lovely Jingle Belles, 
Lauren and Stephanie, will each be donating 
2 dollars to the US Breast Cancer Research Foundation

ATSM - #416 Make your mark


ABC Christmas - U for Under the tree

12 Months of Christmas Linkup - #82 AG Christmas (optional: snow globes)

CHNC - #564 AG Christmas (optional: stockings)

Passion for Markers - #613 Make it cute

NBUS - #31 Anything goes with never before used stuff



8 comments:

  1. Those gnomes are the cutest and lovely colours. Thanks for joining Passion for Markers. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful slimline card with these adorable gnomes ! Great design and amazing colouring. Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh those gnomes are cute and i love the way they're proffering the presents! thanks again for joining our pink xmas fun at JINGLE BELLES (i always love seeing what you will do and i'm excited that there are additional creations in the link list!) ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. That gnomie trio is adorable ... thanks so much for joining our PINK Celebration at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute card, Marianne. I like the bright colours and the cute gnomes. Thank you for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge. xx Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card - love the colours you've used.

    Thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, cuteness overload! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun, festive card, Marianne and your little gnomes are sooo cute!
    Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete