Wednesday 20 October 2021

CAS stencilling for a pink Christmas

Hello everyone. I'm in the final stretch of posting this year's pink Christmas cards ... for now. I have enjoyed creating these so much that I cannot promise I won't be creating more pink Christmas cards this year LOL.

After waiting for many weeks or rather, several months, my crafty orders are slowly but steadily being released by Greek customs. The delay is caused by the new EU tax rules that came into effect on July, 1st. To give you an idea, I finally received a parcel from the UK yesterday, that had been shipped on June, 27th. 

Anyway, the stencil that I used on today's card (Winter Holly by Creative Expressions/Sue Wilson) arrived a few weeks ago. Since it's a slimline stencil, it did not cover my entire A2 card panel, so I decided to place it at an angle. After I finished my ink blending, I shifted the stencil slightly and drew the outlines using Chameleon fineliners. I also used these markers to add veins to the holly leaves and draw lines at the top and bottom. Because the panel still looked a bit bare, I added spots all over. 

To finish off, I foiled the edges of my card base using double-sided tape and foil sheets from a bargain store. I also created a small foiled panel for matting my sentiment (from an older SSS stamp set). I used my Copic markers to colour in the Love letters.

I'm linking up my card at:

Jingle Belles - Dreaming of a pink Christmas 


As always, the first JB challenge in October
is all about pink holiday cards. 
And for every card that is being linked up 
this fortnight, the lovely Jingle Belles, 
Lauren and Stephanie, will each be donating 
2 dollars to the US Breast Cancer Research Foundation

HLS - Anything goes with stencils


HLS Christmas - Anything goes (optional: Joy)


STAMPlorations Stencil - Anything goes


NBUS - #31 Anything goes with never before used stuff



7 comments:

  1. what a brilliant way to use that pretty stencil... i want to angle mine from now on (& OF COURSE holly berries should always be PINK!) yet another beauty, for which we thank you. so much fun to spend PINK CHRISTMAS with you at JINGLE BELLES!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that postal speed has got to be frustrating, but if you're like me you forgot you ordered it, so it should feel like a surprise present ... thanks so much for joining our PINK Celebration at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And we complain at the price of a letter @55¢ -- I think we are in good shape! I like the panel at an angle and the outlining makes the stenciled images pop! Thanks for joining in at HLS Stencil Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a happy card! Am looking forward to whatever other pink creations you come up with, even after the end of the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely Stunning stenciled A2 card design using your beautiful slimline holly stencil, Marianne. TFS and joining us at STAMPlorations Stencil. Hugs...Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeously stencilled Pink Christmas card. Beautiful card. Thanks for playing along with Happy Little Stampers Christmas challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun way to use a slimline stencil on a non-slimline card! Very clever. Love that you incorporated pink onto your Christmas card. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers ~ Stencil Challenge.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete