Sunday 14 October 2018

Pink Noel x3

I have had a very productive time in my craftroom this weekend. Yay! Here is the first batch of three cards that I made. I'm working on my pink Christmas cards for the Jingle Belles challenge. The lovely Lauren and Stephanie will be donating 2 dollars each to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation in the US for each pink Christmas card that is being linked up this fortnight. You have until 6pm EDT on Wednesday,  October 17th, to link up. It looks as if I am going to manage to break my record of 12 pink cards from last year, so expect to see a few more pink Christmas creations for the next couple of day. 


Above is the first card that I created (last weekend) for the WCMD challenges at the Winnie and Walter blog, where Gayatri was challenging us to dress up our die cuts. For this one, I stamped both the background greenery (Merry & Bright with Evelin T Designs, W&W) and my die cut (In a word: Noel cutaway, W&W) in black ink. After blending pink ink (It's a girl, CP Designs) onto my die cut, I coloured in the leaves and berries using Copics. After stacking my die cut with another die cut and adhering it to my card base, I decided to also add a little softer colouring to the background.


After I saw Heather's CAS challenge I wanted to redo my card, this time colouring in only the die cut while using only the outline for the background. For my background stamping, I used Seafoam ink (CP Designs).


For my third version, I moved the focal point to the top and used a different colour of green ink (Green tea, CP Designs) that more closely matched the green from my Copic-coloured leaves.

Do you have a favourite, and if so, which one?

I'm linking up my cards at:

Jingle Belles - Pink Christmas ... for the Cure


W&W WCMD - Dress up your die cuts with Gayatri


W&W WCMD - CAS with Heather

W&W WCMD - Ink blending with Lea

W&W WCMD - Lucky 7 limit with Shay
(2 layers, 1 die, 1 stamp set, 2 colours, markers)

ATSM - #313 Holiday


HLS Dies- Anything goes










6 comments:

  1. what a pretty CAS card, love the pink
    thanks for joining us at HLS
    Barb Housner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card, Marianne! Thanks for joining us at the ATSM Challenge this week. Marsha DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooooooooooooh! these are all so cool! as for favorite, that's way too hard, each time i thought, "well THIS is my fave" and then you'd show another and i was lost lol! :) awesome cards for our PINK XMAS gallery at JINGLE BELLES, thank you so much! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all three versions and how you're filling your holiday card stash with PINK ... thanks again for all of your support for a cause so near and dear to our hearts at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely.. so soft! Feels like snowflakes, somehow!
    Cheers, Barbara

    ReplyDelete