Wednesday 10 October 2018

Impression of an English cottage garden

When I was making this rose card for an England-inspired challenge at StampNation, I started to think about how much I love English cottage gardens. I tried to start my own once, but we moved before I had a chance to make it work. This time, I created a loose impression of an English garden on my card.


I created my smooshed background using Catherine Pooler inks from the Party Spring Fling collection and then used the backside of some stamps from the Medallion Mix-up set (CP Designs) to stamp with water, creating wonderful halos, since CP inks react with water. Next, I stamped the butterflies and wild flowers from the Wild Garden set (CP Designs) and finished with a sentiment from the Birds of a Feather set (CP Designs). I die cut the panel using a stitched rectangle die (SSS) and adhered my panel to a black card base.

I'm linking up my card at:

SSS - WCMD



HLS Watercolour - Anything goes (optional: gold)







5 comments:

  1. Wat fantastisch gedaan lieve zus! Diepte, kleur, beweging, natuur.
    Zo harmonieus als het in je English cottages garden zou zijn.
    Ik weet zeker dat deze kaart nu naast je op je bureau staat te pronken.
    Prachtig. Xx Ineke☀️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just lovely - what more can I say?
    Cheers, Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks gorgeous with all those different inks smooshed all over it xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so pretty and colourful Marianne. Thanks for sharing at HLS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty soft colors for your smooshed background. Thank you for sharing your card at Happy Little Stampers Watercolour Challenge.

    ReplyDelete