Monday 1 October 2018

Edge stamping (sort of)

Last week, one of the Uniko design team members showed some cards that she had created using a trick she had picked up from Jennifer McGuire. Jennifer has coined this technique edge stamping, where she creates two card panels at once by stamping her image at the seam of the two panels and then rotating her panels before stamping again. I intended to stamp all four corners of my two panels, but after I started my black onto white stamping, I really liked the look after stamping only two corners so I decided to stop there.


For my first card, I only used the GinaK stamps that were included in the Beatiful World SOA collection, cutting off one wing of the beautiful butterfly (a trick I learned from Ingrid Blackburn). I stamped the butterfly in copper delicata ink twice and then heat embossed in clear, adding extra ep while the image was still hot. I also sprinkled a little rose gold ep (SSS) onto the edge of the wing for some added interest. After popping up my panel and my butterfly, I added liquid pearls to my floral sprigs using a Perlen Pen.

I'm linking up my card at:

SSS Wednesday - Anything goes

SSS STAMPtember - Anything goes with GinaK

CAS on Friday - #12 Copper, black and white


For my second card, I combined the GinaK floral image with a sentiment and butterfly stamp & die from the Enchanted Garden set by SugarPea Designs from the same SOA collection.

I'm sharing this card at:

SSS Wednesday - Anything goes

SSS STAMPtember - Anything goes with GinaK

SSS STAMPtember - Anything goes with SugarPea Designs

1 comment:

  1. What a classy card! I really love the technique. I've done it with a stencil before and it's a brilliant way to make a set of cards. Gorgeous with the copper butterfly. xx

    ReplyDelete