Saturday 25 August 2018

Brushos and sunflowers

Hello and welcome! When I read that this month's theme for CAS Watercolour was Sunflowers, I was reminded of a large panel that I created a long time ago when I was playing with my brushos. I had stamped the sunflower image (In Bloom: Anna's Flora, Winnie and Walter) using gesso. After the gesso was dry, I wet my panel using clean water and a large brush and then sprinkled brushos on top. The hardest part is always to be patient and let the brushos and water do its thing. The beauty of using this technique on larger sheets is that you can create more than one card when you're done.


For my first card, I used a die from the Custom panels die set by Avery Elle to cut my panel and adhered it to a cream card base. The sentiment is from the Handwritten Borders set by Simon Says Stamp.


For my second card, I simply cut my panel using my paper trimmer and stamped another sentiment from the SSS set onto my cream card base.

I'm playing at:

CAS Watercolour - Sunflower




5 comments:

  1. WOW! Both your cards are STUNNING Marianne! Love the soft, ethereal look of your watercoloured sunflowers. Great design! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two beautiful cards Marianne...the color is FABULOUS!! Thanks so much for sharing these beauties with us at CAS Watercolour!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your brushos panel and your subtle gesso stamping! Thanks so much for joining us at CAS Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two fabulous cards - I really love the panel that you created... or at least what we get to see of it on these cards. The sentiments are cute, too.
    Cheers, Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful panel, Marianne! That's a fantastic technique to use the Brushos over the gesso! I need to try that! Love the angles of the panels too! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Watercolour!

    ReplyDelete