Friday 9 September 2011

So happy together (1)

My husband has three female colleagues who are all celebrating their wedding anniversary either today or tomorrow, so I was put to the task to create a few appropriate cards. I didn't have any appropriate stamp for the occasion (honestly, since I haven't been stamping for that long) so I had to do some shopping (terrible task, I know lol) and found this lovely Karen's Doodles' stamp. I printed it out a few images in different sizes and started colouring them last weekend with my new Spectrum Noir pens. I had seen some amazing colouring over at linda's rainbow crafting cabin using only 2 colours from the Essential collection (99 and 109) and thought this might be an excellent way to start practising the use of my new markers. Incidentally, she also has a few great tutorials on using these SN pens. I added a touch of light pink (have to look up the number) for the female giraffe and of course some pink and wine red for the ribbon. I'm quite pleased with the result, esp. since this is the first time I used any type of alcohol-based markers. So far I have only used a few sticker markers on my cards. At least this has given me the confidence to try some other colours as well. Hopefully, I'll have some play time this weekend.


For the first anniversary card, I used this week's sketch from the Totally Gorjuss blog and used it to create a CAS card on some cream cardstock.


Materials used:
Cream cardstock
Image – Karen's Doodles
Lace/ribbon – from my stash
Frame - brownish metallic cardstock (does not really show in the picture)
Sentiment – Studio Light (didn't have any Happy Anversary stamp,
so I'll be adding that to my shopping list, lol)
Ink – Walnut stain distress ink

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Totally Gorjuss – Sketch
Ooh La La – Anniversary
Sir Stampelot – It's a frame up
Catch the Bug – Anything goes
Colour Create – Pink, brown and white/cream

8 comments:

  1. this is fabulous, thanks for playing with Bugaboo's anything goes challenge! JOY DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great Card thanks so much for joining our Sept Anything Goes Challenge! Tammy DT Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet image for an anniversary card Marianne.

    Thank you for joining us at Stampalot Challenge this month and good luck.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saw your card over at Stampalot Challenge, love the giraffes, fab card,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the cute image and added texture. Thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Marianne,
    This is such a gorgeous card, love that image and the lace looks lovely. Thanks for joining in our Anniversary challenge at OLL this time.
    hugs
    Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a beautiful card,

    thanks for joining us at
    Sir Stampalot challenge this month and good luck!

    Hugs
    Francesca

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fabulous creation! Thanks for sharing it with us at sir stampalot this month and Good luck!

    ReplyDelete