Friday 23 September 2011

More Christmas trees ... in oil pastel

After having cut out two Christmas trees with my Silhouette, I was left with a very useful template. I thought I could use this to create another quick Christmas card for the LIM challenge, using distress ink. However, I also intended to enter the card into this month's challenge at CCAYR, but in that case I couldn't use anything on my card that was less than 1 year old. So I got my oil pastels out from a drawer and used that instead. Because the holes of the template were so small, I had to use my little pinky to rub the colour in. After applying a light green colour, I added some shades with a dark green colour. The ribbon (Kars) comes from my stash (first time I'm using it, though) and so are the star embellishments that I bought at a craft fair about 3 years ago.


Again, the quality of the lighting/picture is not great. Maybe I'll try to upload a better picture tomorrow.

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:
LIM – Anything CAS goes (#3)
CCAYR – Anything used on card must be over 1 year old (#4)
Bah!Humbug! – Rudolph/Reindeer
Crafter's Companion – Christmas Wishes (#2)
Christmas Card Challenge – Sketch (optional)

12 comments:

  1. I thought I'd seen this shape before!
    Great idea.
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good with 2 trees
    Thank you so very much
    Mandi
    LIM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card and that ribbon is great!

    Hugs

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute card. Thanks for joining us this week at Christmas Card Challenges this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely simple card - fabby ribbon. Thank you for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug!

    Luv'n'Stuff
    Max
    xx
    Max's Craft Creations
    Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. love this effect - cute ribbon.
    Thank you for joining us at Bah! Humbug!
    Ann DT Bah! Humbug!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simple elegance. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous! Love the classy feel! Thanks for joining us at CCC!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so pretty and serene. Thanks so much for joining us at CCAYR this month. Hope to see you back again soon. "Hugs" Carol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the reindeer ribbon border!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Marianne, great card and the reindeer ribbon is perfect with the trees. Thanks for joining us at Bah Humbug this week.

    Barb, Guest Designer

    ReplyDelete