Friday 23 September 2011

LIM #33 – aiming for 1000 entries – 1st & 2nd entry

Over at Less is More, Chrissie and Mandi are aiming for 1000 entries this week with the theme "Anything CAS goes". With only 2 more hours before the deadline, I'm not sure they (and we) are going to achieve this, but I'm trying to increase the # of entries a little further.

I made two almost similar cards, using a Silhouette design as my basis. I've hoarded quite a few designs last year, when I had an unlimited subscription, so it's about time I started using some. For the first card I printed the sentiment in green, but I decided that gold would look better. So I made another one, this time using gold embossing powder. As you can see on the picture the card has not fully flattened out yet after heat-embossing the sentiment, lol.




The Christmas tree was cut out using very dark moss green cardstock, that I pasted onto a cream square cards (I used the same card base for both cards!). The lighting was not very good and I was in a hurry, so the pictures are not great. The gold ribbon comes from my stash. The sentiment is from a CardDeco Stampies set.

I'm entering these cards into the following challenges:
LIM – Anything CAS goes (entry #1 and #2)
CCAYR – Anything used on the Christmas card must be over 1 year old
Crafter's Companion – Christmas Wishes

4 comments:

  1. Very neatly done Marianne
    Super card
    Thank you so much for participating in our quest for 1000 entries
    Mandi
    LIM

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look gorgeous, I like both versions.
    Thanks so much for helping in our attempt at 1000 entries to our challenge this week.
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful CAS cards. Good luck on hitting 1,000. Thanks so much for joining us at CCAYR this month. Hope to see you back again soon. "Hugs" Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really lovely CAS! Thanks for joining us @ CCAYR!

    ReplyDelete