Wednesday 7 September 2011

CASEing a fellow Belle

This week's prompt at Jingle Belles was to CASE (copy and selectively edit) any card posted at Jingle Belles this year. I had a good look around, esp. since I did not enter the challenge scene until later this year and I saw several gorgeous creations I would love to COPY ... ehm ... CASE. Funny thing is that projects usually turn out differently from those of others, because you tend to use different papers, colours, shapes and so on.
In the end, I decided to CASE the card that Lisa of Recklinghausen Musings made for JB challenge no. 15, The Ghost of Christmas Present. I did not realise until just know that the basic ingredient was "white as a ghost", but at least I got the other parts of the recipe (a present, a bow or knot and a touch ... well, maybe a trifle more ... of traditional Christmas colours. Here's Lisa's card:


I love the simplicity of this card, the thing that makes you think "Wish I had thought of this first".
Well, below is my version.


I decided to combine the ingredients of a few challenges, by recycling a ribbon that originally came wrapped around a present. It's that paper-type ribbon with a metal layer on top. The stars have also been recycled, since I cut them off a long string of silver-coloured stars and beads that were designed to be draped over the Christmas tree. I still have 2.65 metres left, so I can still use it in the tree if I should wish to do so, lol. For the box, I dabbed some Versamark silver ink on the inside of a Cuttlebug folder and then placed my cardstock and ran the lot through the machine. Before taping the box on my card, I ran the card through the printer to print the sentiment that I found some years ago in Arthur's clipart collection. As a finishing touch I coloured the holly leaf of the sentiment with a green sticker marker and I could not resist adding a tiny red pearl with my Viva Perlen-pen.

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:
Jingle Belles – CASE any other Jingle Belles card
Less is More – Colour: Metallic
ABC Christmas Challenge – R for Recycle + Ribbon/Rhinestones
Fabulous Friday – Flourishes
CCAYR – Anything used on the card must be over 1 year old

18 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh Marianne! I love your take on my card! It's so flattering to know that my card caught your attention. And I love yours - such a clever idea to ink the inside of the embossing folder and your sentiment is really gorgeous. Great job. such a great challenge, wasn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are both super cards and yours fits with our challenge very well with that metallic inking!
    Thanks so much for joining us and we hope to see you next time!
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooooooooh! i agree wholeheartedly that lisa's version of this card was utterly ♥LOVELY♥ but i have to say that you have certainly done her proud with your own gorgeous take! i loooooooooove the silver present with the inky embossed swirls and that little charm and ribbon concoction is FABULOUS! what a glorious holiday card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Love the way that you inked the embossing folder to add color to your embossed flourishes! Thanks for playing along with us at Frosted Designs! :)

    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an elegant translation of Lisa's design ... I love the silver package with that regal ribbon ... so glad you joined our jingle belles fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love both the Lisa version and the Marianne version! Your metallic shimmer and shine is striking and I love the embossed swirls.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your silver embossing with the pretty red ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooo, la, la! The original is superb, as is your CASE of it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful and yet so simple! I love those flourishes! Thanks for playing along with us at Frosted Designs.
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  11. 2 really beautiful cards. thanks for joining us @ CCAYR. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous, Marianne! I love the design and the silver embossing is so beautiful! Thanks for joining us at the ABC Christmas Challenge and good luck! Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. A giant present...what a cool idea and I love the metallic wrapping too. Gotta love these ready made trims and bows around gifts..they just need recycling don't they :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super card Marianne,great CAS
    Thank you, good to see you
    Mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card. So elegant. Thanks for joining us on the ABC Christmas Challenge.
    Carissa :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great Present card love the way you have used a brad on yours too! Love the Lush ribbon too!

    Thanks for joining us on the ABC Christmas challenge this time, hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fab card!
    Thanks for joining us at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
    Helen x

    PS - I have candy on my blog if you're interested :0)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous cards. Thanks so much for joining us at CCAYR and we sure hope to see you back soon with another wonderful creation. "Hugs" Carol

    ReplyDelete