Sunday 20 October 2024

Pink Poinsettias

Hello everyone. This fortnight, the Jingle Belles are hosting their annual Pink Christmas again, where Lauren en Stephanie will be donating $2 each to the US Breast Cancer Research Foundation for each card that is linked up this fortnight.

If you have followed me for a while, you know I love making Christmas cards featuring pink. I have been creating several cards, so it's high time I actually posted and linked them here.


I had created these pink smooshed and embossed panels last year but never got around to turning them into cards. Last week, I was inspired by this card that Nina-Marie Trapani made for the new Simon Says Stamp release, featuring a 3D poinsettia embossing folder with a matching die. I figured I could do something similar by fussy-cutting one of the poinsettias and placing it on top. I coloured them using Copics. For the second card, I also embossed the poinsettia from gold card. I used the same gold card for the mat on the top card and for the sentiments (Frames and sentiments, Katie Skilton). The stamped and die-cut words are from by UFO box (SSS stamp set with matching die).




The first poinsettia that I coloured turned out a little too pink, so I added that one to another card on top of a smaller embossed panel. I matted it with a pink panel. The stamped and fussy-cut sentiment came from my UFO box.

I'm linking up my slimline cards at:

Jingle Belles - Pink Christmas (for the cure)

ABC Christmas - U for Unusual Christmas colours

BYSH - AG Winter Holidays


Sparkles Christmas - #165 Use the word Christmas on your card
(applies to second card)


4 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card! Love that background. Thanks for joining us at BYSHC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards, Marianne! I love the backgrounds you created and I love the pink! So glad you could join us for the Falling for the Holidays 2024 {BYSHC} Linky Party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are so pretty Marianne.
    Love the pink poinsettias!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love pink at Christmas! Problem is, I have too many men in my family. LOL Your card is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete