Tuesday 12 March 2024

Joy to the World

Hello everyone. I've been creating some cards these past weeks but haven't gotten around to posting them. But I really wanted to share this card that I created last weekend with my new text die that I recently bought. Yay me, for using it right away lol.

The lovely Jingle Belles are asking us to use die cuts as our focus this fortnight. I decided this card was also perfect for using up some snippets.

I used the vellum for the back layer so as to make the die cut stand out more without covering up that pretty paper, but in hindsight, I think I should have doubled up on the vellum. I also added a shadow layer in white (also from a snippet) and then added extra, white snowflakes on top that I gave a littel extra shimmer and shine using a sparkle pen and glossy accents.

I'm linking up my card at:

Jingle Belles - Holiday cards to die(cuts) for

Snippets Playground - #475 AG with snippets
Happy to have a play at the playground,
but I'm staying away from the swings,
since they always make me nauseous.

SSS Wednesday - Add a sentiment

NBUS - #60


6 comments:

  1. that candy cane J is so fun ... what a great focal point design ... so very glad you shared your die cuts with us at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that beautiful focal diecut sentiment,it looks wonderful against the background layers

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your layers, Marianne, and how much they add to your design showcasing your new bold sediment die! Great snowflake bling, too! Thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely die cut Christmas card and nice use of vellum.

    Welcome to the Snippets Playground. Thanks for sharing a photo of your snippets. You can come and play hopscotch with me instead of having a go on the swings! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great background snippet! The die is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How lovely to see you in the Playground Marianne - it's been a little while. Love your card, what a wonderful sentiment and the background is beautiful.

    Hugs
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete