Wednesday 24 April 2019

In the forest

I decided to create another card in honour of Earth Day. I used a distress oxide ink panel from my UFO box and one of my new stencils by Uniko (In the forest) to create this Christmas card.


I started by trimming down my inked panel and then applied heavy body paste (Stamperia) through the stencil. Since this paste dries to a creamy white, I looked for a matching card base and found this double-sided glimmer cardstock (of an unknown brand) to be the perfect colour. This card did not need anything by way of embellishing, so I simply added a sentiment strip (Christmas Wishes, Wplus9) with a gold thread nest. I popped up my panel and sentiment strip with thin foam tape.

I'm playing at:

CAS Stencil - Embossing pastes/gels


Jingle Belles - Earth day 
(not entirely sure if my UFO panel fits the brief, 
but I'm linking it up anyway)


HLS Christmas - Anything goes (optional: nature)


STAMPlorations Mixed Media - Anything MM with a stencil


SSS Wednesday - Anything goes

Watercooler Wednesday -  WWC218 All about occasions








14 comments:

  1. Your trees look absolutely beautiful on your inked panel, Marianne! I love the crisp, clean texture you achieved with your paste and how you added the fine thread behind the sentiment! Stunning Christmas card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS Stencil!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the texture of the stencil paste ... thanks again for joining us to celebrate EARTH Day at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your background for your stenciled with embossing paste trees, Marianne. I love how you added the gold thread behind your sentiment. TFS your beauty with us at CAS Stencil Card Challenge. Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful Marianne! LOVE the gorgeous background of soft greens with your white trees. So pretty. The sentiment banner and gold thread nest are the perfect additions! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Stencil! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your white paste stenciled trees look so pretty against that lovely background of green! I like the circles of gold thread behind the sentiment too - lovely design! thanks for joining us at CAS Stencil Marianne! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous forest background Marianne! Your embossed trees are just beautiful and I'm glad you gave it centre stage by not covering it up too much.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Happy Little Stampers and I hope you will join us again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous idea ! I love it ! Thanks for sharing !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't beat a bit of good old texture paste to lift a card up. It's perfect - and you can't beat a Uniko stencil either. I think they are the best! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely! That background is gorgeous and it works well with the trees. One thinks of fir tree forest as dark and dense but this one feels like it's filled with fairies!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the background behind your trees! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those stenciled trees look so pretty. Thank for sharing with STAMPlorations Mixed Media Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Zeer subtiel en elegante kaart. Prachtig. Xx Ineke☀️

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is so pretty!!! love the C&S look! thanks for playing along with us at STAMPlorations Mixed Media challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is very pretty!! I really like that background that you created. Thanks so much for joining us for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. I hope you’ll join us again soon.
    Misty

    ReplyDelete