Wednesday 31 July 2024

Two snowy trees

Hello again. I have two more Christmas cards to share today. When I went to place the frame of my previous card between some heavy books to flatten it, I discovered these two snowy panels from a previous play session, so I decided this was a good moment to turn them into cards.

The panels had been created with the top of a large Stamperia stencil. To create more of a feel of a Christmas tree, I first painted the outline of the tree using Catherine Pooler ink and a large watercolour brush, using the stencil as reference. I also created the stars by blending yellow ink through the stencil. After the panel had dried, I placed the stencil again and added this glitter embossing past that contains flecks of mica. 

I created the frame using hammered cardstock and 2 nesting frames of a NBUS Card Making Magic label die set that I selected as a free bonus with a recent purchase from CraftStash. I finished off with a sentiment die from an older Tonic Chrismas kit. I die cut the sentiment using a snippet of the gold paper from my previous card and vellum for the outline.

I'm linking up my cards at:

Christmas Kickstart - #88 Festive Frames

Double Trouble - #171 Drive-thru window

Thing 1 - Window/aperture
Thing 2 - Snow
Thing 3 - Play at Jingle Belles


Jingle Belles - Dashing through the snow

Rudolph Days - July AG Christmas





11 comments:

  1. Oh WOW! These are beyond incredible! Possibly my all-time favorite (though you've made LOTS of wonderful cards of course!!!) ♥ So happy you could join our SNOWY fun at Jingle Belles (&Double Trouble!) this fortnight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These cards are so very lovely, Marianne! Thank you for playing along with us at Double Trouble #171.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness, Marianne, what a lovely surprise that was for you! You have turned them into two stunning schparkly designs for Rudolph! Did you just miss linking them to yesterday's NBUS? You can put them in today if you like, it's okay with me. I can't tell you how many times I have 'just' missed the linky! I'm going to 📌 them to my I.D.E.A.S. Board for stencil week, so thank you for the inspiration! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Darnell. I had intended to link them up last night but I ran out of time. All fixed now. 💛💛💛

      Delete
  4. I'm so glad you found them! Lovely designs. Thank so much for joining in at Double Trouble 171 - Crazy Cousin Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh!!! So soft and pretty! These cards are absolutely lovely. Thank you for playing with us at Double Trouble! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. those snowy trees are so lovely ... so very glad you dashed through the snow with us at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are beautiful - such a clever design.

    Thanks for joining me at the Rudolph Days Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what a fantastic idea for creating your beautiful trees with watercoloring and gold embossing and perfect in the frame setting. Thanks again for sharing with us your beautiful card at Double Trouble and Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Marianne, your card is beautiful! I love the soft colors you used with your stencils, and the lovely frame opening you chose to use!! Thank you so much for sharing your card and creativity with us at Double Trouble for our "window" challenge!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete