Sunday 8 March 2015

30 day colouring challenge with Kathy Racoosin

When I read that the lovely and utterly talented Kathy Racoosin of The Daily Marker is hosting a 30 day colouring challenge from March 4 to April 2, I knew I wanted to join in. It's all about the joy of colouring, if only for 5 to 10 minutes a day.

My coloured pieces below were based on Kathy's inspiration video on day 2. The first picture shows the colours a little better than the second picture, yet the second picture shows all the supplies I used.



For the bottom card I started by drawing circles using the inside of a roll of painter's tape, shifting the roll sideways to draw overlapping circles. I then coloured in the different areas using Flexmarkers and decided to colour the remaining white areas using a permanent black marker I had on hand. Lastly, I added the leaflike veins and a few more lines using a thin black Letraset marker (0.3 mm).

For my second card (top left) I used the small label die from the set of CutUps from The Cat's Pajamas. I didn't like the big areas I got at first, so I did some more overlapping and ended up with those oval shapes. Beforehand I had no idea that the basic shape would be a perfect base for 3 of these ovals, but it turned out great. After colouring I tried adding some white dots using a white gel pen and then added a few black lines as well. My white dots did not turn out the way I would have liked, but hey, I didn't get a chance to practise as much as Kathy did LOL.

I do have a few ideas on how to turn these pieces into cards, but since the challenge is all about the colouring and not so much about creating cards, I thought I would post my pieces separately.


So how about joining us for a bit of colouring for the fun of it? Go check out Kathy's blog for all the details. You will want to visit her blog anyway, if you haven't already, since she is a really inspiring card maker. During this challenge, she will be posting lots of inspiration and videos using all kinds of colouring mediums.


1 comment:

  1. Marianne, these are gorgeous. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete