Tuesday 26 August 2014

Timer challenge - SAF 2014

As indicated in my previous post, I intended to have some fun participating in this year's Stamp-a-faire event organised by Papertrey Ink, and I did! To loosen the creative muscles at 7 AM local time in the US (2 PM in my corner of the world) we were to pick a colour scheme and a sketch and create a card within 20 minutes. By the time I had grabbed a sandwich, read the instructions and decided what I wanted to do, it was already time for the second inspiration installment. So I postponed the 20 minute challenge until Sunday afternoon.


Time was up when I started to adhere my stars, but after 4 more minutes, the stars were in place and brushed over with a touch of Wink of Stella glitter. Since I had coloured 3 strips of cardstock with Promarkers/Flexmarkers to create some custom-made coloured cardstock from which I cut stars in 3 sizes, I decided to create 2 more cards using up the remaing stars. I spent another 40 minutes putting these 2 cards together, so that's 3 more birthday cards added to my stock. Yay!



Materials used:
Neenah Solar white cardstock
Dark grey cardstock by Simon Says Stamp
Happy birthday stamp from the PTI kit (1960's)
Sentiment die cut from Paper Smooches Christmas words set
Star die cuts from Holiday shapes by Simon Says Stamp
Promarkers/Flexmarkers to colour the white cardstock for my emellishments
HA Soft Granite ink (2nd generation stamping of the sentiment)

1 comment:

  1. I love these cards! They give me ideas for easy to make Christmas cards. Maybe!

    ReplyDelete