Tuesday 26 August 2014

Faux frescoes - SAF 2014

The faux frescoes challenge of the PTI Stamp-a-faire event was a lot of fun: adding a thin layer of embossing paste (I used Aleene's true snow, since I don't have any white embossing paste yet, and that seemed to work well) and then stamp and colour on top once this layer was dry. I love the result.


The mosaic pattern and sentiment were stamped using the stamps that were included in the PTI SAF kit. The pomegranate stamp is from a Flourishes set that I bought secondhand. I stamped the image using Memento Rhubarb stalk (which I also used for the mosaic pattern) and Pistachio and then used a water brush to pull the colour in. After drying with a heat tool, I added a bit of darker green using distress ink and added the background using some more distress inks (Peacock feathers and Pumice stone). To add more detail, I stamped the outlines again using Memento Rich cocoa. I also used this ink to stamp the sentiment onto a strip of Neenah Desert storm cardstock and to ink the edges of my cardstock mat behind my faux fresco. Also love the soft texture of my fresco; it's a bit velvety.

I'm also entering this card into the following challenge:
Dutch Card Lovers - 216 Watercolour

6 comments:

  1. Hi Marianne,

    Still catching up after our hols, just read about poor Kokkini, she looks beautiful and so pleased to hear she is making a good recovery.

    Pretty card on this post and very elegant ones below.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marianne, this is beautiful! I love the soft coloring and the mosaic on the card base is a perfect background! I can see this set found a very good home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A truly gorgeous card - love the kraft card and sentiment. The mosaic stamp is perfect and your pomegranates look just ready to pick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow amazing card love it and great technique gonna try it one day. Thanks for joining us over at DCL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aangezien je Nederlandse bent, doe ik het maar in het Nederlands :)
    Je hebt een prachtige en chique kaart gemaakt voor de challenge van DCL. Mooi is die mozaïek stempel en wat een interessante techniek. Dank je wel voor het meedoen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mooi! Met dat mozaik een echt grieks sfeertje! Bedankt voor het meedoen met de DCL!

    ReplyDelete