Sunday 26 June 2011

Get well card – Mojo Monday 196

I wanted to make a simple flower card for a dear friend who has to undergo surgery.
This also seemed a good opportunity to try out my new Cuttlebug embossing folder and my new distress ink. I used Antique Linen on a piece of cream card stock, which gives it a soft look and makes the embossing stand out really well. I matted the card on a piece of mustard brown card stock (very small edge, hardly visible on the photograph) because I felt I needed to offset the embossed piece from the very pale yellow/organgy card. I also applied some Antique Linen distress ink on the edges of the card.



For the layout, I used this week's sketch from Mojo Monday (196).



Other materials used:
Flower: Marianne Design die cut & paper from an old paper pad
Sentiment: StudioLight stamp in gold ink on a piece of mustard brown card stock, the corners of which have been shaped with a corner punch
Button: paper button created with a JoyCraft die cut from the same paper as the flower
Other materials: piece of recycled ribbon; rafia, brad and pearl ribbon from my stash

No comments:

Post a Comment