Wednesday 11 November 2020

Skating penguin

Hi everyone. I'm popping in with another Christmas card. My card was inspired by several projects that were created for the recent Nordic Wood release by Catherine Pooler Designs.

I blended CP inks onto a panel of Tombow Bristol cardstock and then used the MFT Snowfall die and a SSS stitched rectangle die to die cut my panel. The image and sentiment are from 2 different Winnie & Walter sets, designed by Evelin T Designs. I used the same CP inks (It's a boy and Royal Treatment) and a Zig blender brush to colour in my image. For the penguin's body, I used a grey ColourTint pencil with the blender brush. To finish off, I added 2 snowflakes that I had die cut from some NBUS silver foiled vellum (top left in the picture) by Crafter's Companion using my SSS dies.

I'm playing at:

Beccy's Month of Holiday Cards - B for Bird, Blue, (Ink) Blending

Jingle Belles - It came about a midnight clear
(use at least one see-through element)

Winter Wonderland - Festive things with wings

Watercooler Wednesday - WWC297 Helen's All about occasions

ABC Christmas - W for Winter wonderland

NBUS #20 Anything goes with NBUS


13 comments:

  1. Love your background colours and the adorable penguin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Marianne. Hope you made it in the Top 10 of the Race (I think I finished about 16th - bit slow off the blocks!). I like the ombre background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable little penguin! I love the background you created for her Marianne, it's so pretty. The colours blend so beautifully. Those big snowflakes finish your design perfectly. Love it!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice background colours - the white really pops through doesn't it. Really nice - Stay well - See you over at NBUS next time - Cheers Maurs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fun Winter card Marianne and that snowflake die is so effective.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooo ... silver vellum ... how pretty & perfect for those snowflakes ... love that joined our CLEAR-ly Christmas at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful background colors with the silver snowflakes and adorable image! So glad you joined us for our Things with Wings Challenge at Winter Wonderland!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your cute little penguin, Marianne! Your background is wonderful and I love that sweet sentiment! Thanks so much for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week! Take care! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an adorable card, love the snowflakes, both cut out and stamped - and then of course that cute penguin! What's not to love about that card?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a great card, such a brilliant inspiration to use the cover die and let the "snow" show through from the next layer! so pleased you could join our JINGLE BELLES fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful card, Marianne! I really love it! Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Een lieve, warme, knusse winterkaart. Mooie MFT stans. Het wit steekt hierdoor helder af, leuk. Liefs, Ineke☀️

    ReplyDelete