Sunday 31 May 2020

Dahlia Christmas wreath

Hello crafty friends! I'm popping in today with a Christmas card. I had almost forgotten about this month's Rudolph Days challenge but remembered just in time. And there's also a new to me challenge that I found through Darnell's blog, Christmas 24. Another fun challenge to encourage us to create our Christmas cards all year long.


I created my wreath using NBUS Dahlia turnabout stamp by Concord & 9th and several colours of CP ink.(Grass skirt, Eucalyptus, Spruce and Seafoam). I will need to practice a little more to get the dahlia/wreath lined out to perfection, but I don't think the recipient will notice it's slightly off this time.

I die cut my panel using a SSS stitched rectangle (Bundele of stitched shapes) and popped up the stamped and die cut sentiment (SSS Christmas word mix 1) with a gold thread nest and foam tape.

I'm linking up at:


Watercooler Wednesday - #273 All about occasions


NBUS - #14 Anything goes with NBUS


ATSM - #391 Anything goes


Christmas Kickstart - #31 Wreathed in Christmas smiles


Christmas 24 - #010 Anything goes (optional: Flowers)



11 comments:

  1. Hi Marriane,
    Happy Rudolf Days.
    What a fab wreath you have created and such great colours as well.
    Thank you for joining the Rudolf Challenge.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. That turnabout stamp makes a gorgeous wreath! Love your colour combo and modern design. So glad you've joined Robyn and I at Christmas Kickstart, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clever idea to use the Turnabout stamp for a Christmas card in those shades of green. I like the additional sentiment in the circle too x

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW a cool way to create a wreath..I love haven't really seen Turnabout stamps before.. they work wonderfully Marianne, and thanks for sharing with Christmas Kickstart, Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this is gorgeous. Clean, simple and lush. Thanks so much for playing along with our Christmas Flowers theme at Christmas 24 Challenge. Deborah, DT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your handmade wreath is so pretty...as is your card!
    Looks great!

    Thanks for taking part in the May Rudolph Days Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wat een mooie kleurencombinatie, Marianne.
    Ook je stempeltekst en lettervorm vind ik prachtig.
    Mooi geheel met nog de groene omlijsting.
    Liefs, Ineke☀️

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card - and great idea, too! Love all the different shades of green.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like a design, colours and sentiment. Thank you for taking part in Flowers Challenge. Ewa/DT Christmas24

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fabulous!
    Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How clever of you to use the turnabout dahlia stamp to create a wreath! I love that you added a gold thread nest. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More! Apologies for the late comment.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete