Monday 24 June 2019

Twofer Bees

I've been busy as a bee trying to create a few cards for some of my favourite challenges out in blogland. I had so many ideas buzzing in my head that it's a miracle that I actually managed to create these two cards featuring bees before the linky closes.


Since I needed a card for someone who recently moved house, I reached for the products from the Apple Blossom card kit that I purchased a while back. I had not used the kit yet, except for creating a few panels with the hexagon stencil that was included. I stamped the bee house using distress inks and then used the same inks and a Zig blender pen to colour it in. After fussy cutting the image out and placing it onto my panel, I decided I wanted a bit of a darker colour for added depth and achieved that using a Tombow marker. After die cutting my panel using a stitched rectangle die (SSS) and determining the placement of my little house, I added some splatters using Ground espresso DI). Once those were dry, I stamped the bees in Versamark onyx black and heat embossed using clear embossing powder. I coloured in the bees using a little ink and the Zig blender brush. For the wings, I used a tiny bit of Broken China DOI, to cover up the hexagons underneath.


I added my panel and tree using double-sided tape and then adhered my sentiment strip (from the papers in the kit) to a strip of cardstock and then popped it up using foam tape.

I created my twofer for the current Twofer card challenge


I'm also linking up my bee house at:

STAMPlorations Mixed Media - Anything MM with a stencil


Addicted to Stamps - For a boy/man

I wasn't sure what to do for the second card until I spotted the card that Mindy Eggen posted on the Neat and Tangled blog this weekend. I still had ombre inking on my mind AND the stamp set from the kit out, and so this card came together very quickly in the end.


I masked off the top part of my panel and then blended distress inks in Ripe persimmon, Carved pumpkin and Fossilized amber using make-up blending brushes. I used my MISTI to repeatedly stamp the small floral border from the stamp set and then stamped the bee 3 times. I die cut my panel using the largest of thet stitched rectangle dies (SSS) before stamping the sentiment, for which I usded one of the tiny sentiments from my new SSS stamp set. I though the uplifting sentiment went perfectly with the warm colours and dancing bees. I popped up my panel using fun foam.

I'm also linking up this card at:

CAS Mix Up - Ombre, stamping + 
masking, ink blending, die cutting


Stamping Sensations - Show your true colours

Penny Black and More - Blooms, butterflies and/or bugs

Inkspirational - #189 Garden





14 comments:

  1. Two wonderful cards, Marianne! What a clever idea to make a new ("hive") home card! Those bees, in three different sizes gives this card great perspective. Your background panel is wonderful as well. Perfect ombre for your second card. And those littlest of your bees fit so well with the size of your flowers! Thanks for joining us at the Twofer Challenge! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two fantastic bee cards, Marianne! Love the little bees with their trails! I also love the rich colors of your ombre! A perfect pairing with the bees! Thanks so much for sharing with these with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic twofer bee cards, Marianne!
    The ink blending of the sunset colors is so beautiful and the ombre effect is wonderful of the second card! Thanks so much for joining us at CAS Mix Up!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really did have a good crafty session at the weekend Marianne and have enjoyed tour posts. Love both of these, I always think honeycomb patterns make great backgrounds and finished with the Bees and Hive make a lovely card. The stamped panel on the second is nicely places and loving the vibrant graduated colours you used.

    Many thanks for joining in with our June themes at Penny Black and More and Stamping sensations challenges.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such lovely detailing on that wonderful bee hive card, Marianne ... the honeycomb background and soft colouring make it so warm and welcoming for those little bees! A fabulous idea for a new home card! Love the gorgeous ombré blending on your silhouette garden ... those tiny bees look as though they're having a fine time among all those wildflowers! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your idea of a little bee house and honeycomb background for a "new home" card, it is beautiful! That ombre sunset sky is striking and perfect to show off the little bees! Thanks for joining in the fun with us at the Twofer Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how your head buzzes, Marianne! You've created two fantastic designs! I love the warm ombre color blending you achieved on your pretty garden panel on your first card and the delightful honeycomb and hive scene you have created on your second design! So perfect for a new home card!! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #17! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your first card is so fun, Marianne! Love the design! And your second has the most gorgeous sunset! Love it! Thanks for playing along with us at Twofer Card Challenge and CAS Mix Up! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two beautiful cards. Love the colours on both of them. Thank you for sharing with us at Penny Black & More.
    Lynn x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are both gorgeous! Love this idea. Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two beautiful, bright and colourful creations for our true colours challenge! Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month and good luck

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my! Smiling all over my face in seeing these delightful bee-themed cards! Your ombre background, buzzing bees and pretty flowers are especially striking!Thank you for sharing your creativity in the Inkspirational gallery!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  13. Two beautiful cards, love the "new home" theme. It's all about bees here these days as I'm reading "The History of Bees", quite captivating. Anyhow, am glad to find a moment to catch up with all your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love both of your cards. I love the colors you used on the card on the left. I really like the honeycomb background on the other. Thanks for sharing with STAMPlorations mixed media challenge.

    ReplyDelete