Friday 31 May 2019

Save the rhino

Hello crafty friends! I was determined to play along with challenge #3 at the Day of the Month card club, where the theme for May was Save the Rhino day. I did not have any rhino stamps, though, so I did a quick search on the Internet and simply could not resist this sweet digital rhino that I found on Etsy. The rhino and tree are part of a set of African wildlife digital stamps by ClipArtisan.


I arranged and sized the two .png files in Word and printed it onto Neenah solar white cardstock. After colouring them in with Copics I applied liquid masking (Winsor & Newton) before blending my background using distress inks in Tumbled glass and Mowed lawn. I die cut my panel using a stitched circle die (Simon Says Stamp). I paired the digital stamps with this fun sentiment from my brand new stamp set from Create a Smile (Poppin' over). I backed my panel with a circle of fun foam and adhered it to my card blank that I created from hammered cardstock. Since the size of the cardstock is A4, I created a card that is slightly smaller than an A2 (US) sized card.

I'm playing at:

Day of the Month Card Club - #3 Save the Rhino day


SSS Wednesday - Anything goes

Aud Sentiments - #228 Nature + a sentiment

Watercooler Wednesday - WWC223 Anything goes


7 comments:

  1. I am very pleased that our challenge has inspired you. Your card has become very nice. I really like the CAS style. Thank you for playing at DotMCC.
    Gundi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for the trouble of finding a rhino - but I am so glad you did! What an adorable little scene! Play along with us next time, too! Thank you so much for playing with us at DOTMCC!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a cute card, Marianne! I love this fun rhino image! Save the rhino is a great idea for a challenge! Thank you for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, what a gorgeous card! I'm glad you found a stamp and could play with us! - I really like this cute rhino and the little scene you created with it! Thank you so much for joining us at DotMCC!
    Rosi x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, die is leuk geworden, Marianne.
    Je bent lekker bezig, zie ik. Liefs Ineke 😘

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great find! Somehow I think most of us wouldn't have a rhino stamp around... Love the card, how it's focused on the little scene.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a super cute rhino card and I love that stamp. Digi stamps are perfect for when you need something asap and it's not in your stash. Thanks so much for entering the Aud Sentiments challenge.
    Jenny (DT member) x

    ReplyDelete