Saturday 9 February 2019

Mint and gold

Hello crafty friends! I'm popping in to share a card that I created today.
It's been a while since I have played in the challenges over at Winnie & Walter, so when I realized that the January colour combo challenge was almost closing, I grabbed a few of my W&W supplies to create this sweet birthday card (pun intended lol).


I started by stamping the Mini Scenery Marbleize stamp onto a panel of watercolour cardstock using Distress Oxide ink in Cracked Pistachio. I then sprayed my panel with water to make the colour wick out, making sure to blot up any ink that was travelling outside the frame. I stamped the cake stand (Sugar Rush, W&W) using CP ink in Black Jack, and heat embossed the sentiment using gold embossing powder (Papermania). I stamped and heat embossed the cake and flowers onto a panel that I had created earlier this week using my new CP inks from the Carnivale collection. I fussy cut the image and then added a little colouring onto the cake decorations using Tombow markers.

I adhered my panel to my card base using strong double-sided tape before foam-mounting my cake, and finished off with a sprinkle of silver sequins (Darice) and some shimmer on the cake stand (SN shimmer pen).

Here's a peek at the inspiration moodboard from the W&W blog. 
Don't you love the look of that luscious cake?


I'm also playing at:

Uniko - #51 Anything goes








7 comments:

  1. Such a delicate and pretty card. The background stamp in the cracked pistachio looks wonderful. Such a beautiful card and love that cake image x. Thinking of you x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty.
    Glad you're able to get in some crafty time!
    Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How romantic is this colour combo ! It makes such a delicate and elegant card. Gorgeous ! Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at Uniko.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that mini stamp background! It just gives enough focus for your cake in the foreground. Beautiful minty colours too xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorgeous card, infused with love! The cake is positively scrumptious! Thrilled that you shared your creativity in the Uniko gallery!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful colour combo and elegant design. Thanks so much for sharing this sweet design and joining in on the Uniko Challenge. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marianne, your choice of colours from the W&W mood board is fabulous! Love all the details you added to your yummy cake.
    Thanks for sharing your beautiful CAS birthday card with us in the Uniko Challenge #51.
    Greetings from Wiebke (Uniko-DT)

    ReplyDelete