Sunday 4 October 2015

WCMD 2015 - Lots of Christmas NBUS

Yesterday, I celebrated World Card Making Day by breaking into a lot of never-before-used Christmas schtuff and creating two cards using inspiration from Sandy Allnock's free Go for the gold class. Her videos focussed on different gold products and how to use them. She also gave a very useful piece of advice: don't spend all your time looking for inspiration or cataloguing your supplies but use your time to actually create something. Thanks Sandy! I guess I needed to hear this.

So I got out my supplies and started playing with never before used supplies, including some gold paste and paint I bought from a (German) supermarket chain about a year ago that you will be able to see in my next post (and in the photograph of my craft space below).


This card was inspired by Sandy's card for Day 5. Apart from wanting to use my very old Viva pearl pens, I was intrigued by Sandy's hand-painted tree. I'm so chuffed that I managed to paint my very own tree using Letraset Aquamarkers. Yay!

For the stamping, I broke into several never before used stamp sets:
The snowman is from Winter Friends, designed by Clearly Besotted for Simon Says Stamp.
I used the Rejoice stamp from the Holiday Border set (SSS) to heat emboss the string for my lights.
I used two stamps from the Sparkle & Shine holiday additions by Papertrey Ink to stamp my lights.
The sentiment is from Holiday Hellos by Simon Says Stamp (used the stamp set before), stamped in VersaColor gold and heat embossed in clear EP.

The heat embossed string of lights got a bit lost when my tree was done (it was really pale gold, just like the sentiment), so I traced over it using a gold gel pen. I matted my water colour panel on some old gold paper by Crafter's Companion.

I'm entering my card into the following challenges:
Winnie & Walter WCMD 2015 - Use gold/metallic
SSS Wednesday challenge - Anything goes


Virginia's View challenge - 19 All things coloured



Below I'm also sharing a picture of my craft space during my crafty WCMD session, which I'm linking up for the Winnie & Walter WCMD 2015 Crafty challenge.


4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card. Love the tree and that cute snowman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card - love how you coloured the tree.
    Thanks for sharing your fabulous work with us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful project!! :)
    I'm doing my first GIVEAWAY over at my blog!
    Be sure to check it out: http://fridayfinally.blogspot.it/2015/10/merry-christmouse-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete