Sunday 4 August 2013

Fairwee Daphne's Balloons

This week, I had to make a card for a sweet young lady who turned 6, and I thought Amy Young's sweet fairwee Daphne (Sweet November) would be the perfect image.


And here's the sketch I used from Papertake Weekly, #81:


I coloured the image with Promarkers/Flexmarkers and used some papers from a very old, brandless paper pad. I added a little glitter to the balloons and wings with some glitter glue. When cutting the paper, I made sure that the number 6 would still be visible. I coloured it with the blue marker and added some glitter glue.  I also stamped the single Happy circle around the number, but that does not show very clearly.

TTT TIP:
You can use markers for a lot more than colouring images, such as colouring pearls and rhinestones, but you can also use it to create borders that perfectly match your coloured images. I coloured a strip of Neenah solar white cardstock with the same marker I had used for the dress and then used this strip to die cut my border.

 Materials used:
Image stamp - Daphne's balloon (Sweet November)
Sentiment stamp - All Year Round set (Paula Pascuel)
Dies - oval (Crafts Too); round (Lifestyle Crafts); border (from Die'sire Grace Frame set - cut in 3 goes)
Inks - Tuxedo black (Memento), Lilac posies (Memento Dew Drop), Tide Pool (Hero Arts cubes)
Colouring - Promarkers (LE Spring/Summer); Flexmarkers
Glitter glue - from stash
Twine - plain kitchen twine from the supermarket

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Papertake Weekly - Sketch #81
Sentimental Sundays - 165 Anything with wings
Simon Says Stamp - Anything goes
C.C. Designs - 2 Summer dreaming
Top Tip Tuesday - 106 Spooled items
Incy Wincy Designs - Birthday and balloons
Cute Card Thursday - 280 Anything goes





4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, and great top tip too.

    Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great birthday card for a young lady!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely creation! Thanks for playing at PTW! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super sweet! I love this little gal and the colroing is excellent. Thanks for playing along with the Anything Goes challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog this week!

    ReplyDelete