Wednesday 24 April 2013

Recycling

It's recycling time again, in honour of Earth Day (22 April), plus it was high time I joined the fun at Jingle Belles again.



The layout for my card is based on one of the sample cards that Kristina Werner made for the Simon Says Stamp December 2012 card kit. The papers I used are also from the December kit. 
The recycled elements on my card are the snowflake, which was die-cut from the packaging of the tofu I used in my breakfast smoothies this week. It has a nice soft grey aluminum shine, but I wanted a blue colour so that it would match the papers I used, so I used one of my Flexmarkers to colour it. I found the blue baker's twine in my recycle box.

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Jingle Belles - Earth Day/Recycle
DDC - 59 Earth Day/Recycle
Totally Gorjuss - 189 Embossing
Joanna Sheen - Recycle
Holly Jolly Christmas - Embossing + ribbon
Simon Says Stamp - Anything goes
Festive Friday - FFC06 Holiday project with a retro theme


12 comments:

  1. such a lovely holiday card and BY FAR the most beautiful card i've ever seen which included TOFU packaging, lol! no seriously, that was a GREAT thing to recycle, and it's perfect on this adorable greeting! thanks for joining our earth day fun at JINGLE BELLES! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who knew tofu could have such a fabulous side effect ... love that snowflake (and now you've got me wanting to try tofu in my smoothies) ... so very glad you joined us for earth day at jingle belles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marianne, this is so fun! I love the fact that you recycled so many items to use on your card, too! Thanks for joining us at Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card... love the CAS design and embossing..

    Thanks for sharing at Totally Gorjuss this time..

    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Recycled tofu packaging??? Very clever! Love your color choices...especially against the white embossing! Thanks for joining us at FF, Marianne!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know how I missed this one Marianne so sorry I am so late getting here.

    But what great recycling and a really smart looking card.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty card and using the tofu packaging was a great idea with the snowflake.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great idea on the recycling, and a wonderful holiday card. Thanks for joining us at Holly Jolly Christmas Challenge, hope to see you again soon.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful creation, thanks so much for playing this week at Digi Darla's:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very interesting card. I like your design. Thank yo for joining us at Holly Jolly this week. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty combo of papers and love the embossing. Thanks for playing along with us in the Anything Goes challenge over on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous card Marianne and great recycling!

    Thanks for joining the Joanna Sheen Challenge this time.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete