Sunday 29 January 2012

Winter is approachting

According to today's weather forecast, winter is approaching in Western Europe, which means that a lot of people in the Netherlands at least will start dreaming about long hours of skating fun. I sold my skates when I moved to Crete a few years ago, but my Bugaboo snowman is all set to go.


I coloured the image with Spectrum Noir pens and added some pearls (bronze Viva pearl pen) and some glitter glue. The image was cut out with a Nellie Snellen die and inked around the edge with Aged Mahogany distress ink (Ranger). The PP is from a very old paper pad. The swirls were cut out from white CS with my Silhouette and then inked in various ways until I finally achieved a satisfying colour, lol. They now have a deep burgundy/chocolaty colour. The ribbon comes from my stash. I took several pictures, but I couldn't catch the warm burgundy velvet of the ribbon in any way. Maybe I should have tried taking a photograph in the daytime.

The layout is based on this week's sketch over at Tuesday Morning Sketches:

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:
Winter Wonderland - Swirls and pearls
Sir Stampelot - Monochromatic
Catch the Bug - Colour challenge
Simon Says Stamp - Anything goes

19 comments:

  1. Love your card. That snowman is darling!! The flourish behind him is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way this turned out using the red velvet hues....what a go!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute little snowman! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely Winter card. The colors are fantastic especially the multi colored flourish. Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is just gorgeous hun, thanks for playing at Winter Wonderland with us this week. Hugs, Sxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for joining our "Ribbon" challenge on SECRET CRAFTER SATURDAY CHALLENGE this week :)

    Hugs Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Netherlands to Crete is quite a contract Marianne. but think I would prefer Crete at the moment, our UK winter seems to be going on forever. But as it happens I am going to Crete later this year, my very first time.

    Back to your card which is very sweet with that cute snowman.

    Thank you so much for joining our Monochromatic theme at Stampalot this month, good luck and hope we will see you again next month (new challenge Sunday).

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your card Marianne, so cute. Thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  9. A gorgeous creation, great use of the swirls and pearls, thank you for sharing your beautiful work with us at the Winter Wonderland this week
    Hugs Kate xx
    ps I have candy if you are interested :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card, thanks for playing along at Catch The Bug this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a lovely card. Thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot, Ruth :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your gorgeous cute card.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamps Challenge.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  13. fantastic card for our monochromatic challenge, thanks for joining us at sir stampalot this month and good luck!

    hugs
    Francesca

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful card! I love these colors for a wintery scene.


    ~Cheryl~

    National Wear Red for Women day is coming up on February 3, 2012. Please wear red and help raise awareness of the signs of heart disease, stroke, & heart attack and how women can live heart healthier lives. To learn more, visit the Wear Red for Women or the American Heart Association websites.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Marianne,
    This is a really fab & fun card. It looks great & I love those papers. Thanks for joining us at Secret Crafter's Saturday Challenge this week.
    Hugs,
    Andie xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is just gorgeous,love your take on the colour challenge your design is beautiful.
    Thank you for taking part in the Bugaboo challenge.
    Hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is an adorable card I love the layout! Thanks so much for joining our color challenge at CTB, I hope you will join us again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great take on the sketch. I like the offset circle. Thanks so much for joining in with us this week for the Catch The Bug "Red Velvet" Colour Challenge with Bugaboo Stamps. I hope you enjoyed it enough to join us again this week for our Anything Goes challenge.
    TFS
    Paul
    Crafty Blogocks
    DT Member for Catch The Bug

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a gorgeous card. I love the paper and the extra glitter. Thanks for playing along in the Catch the Bug challenge this week.
    Lori

    ReplyDelete