Monday 10 October 2011

Box and easel card

My husband and I have just returned from a lovely BBQ birthday party. Shortly before we left home, the sky turned grey and it started raining. Fortunately, our frieds have a large outside area, including a sheltered part, so we could all sit comfortably under a roof. It does seem that the Greek summer has come to an end, although the temperatures are still very nice.

Our friend turned 50, so I was put to the task by some other friends to create a card and a small box to put our silver present in.

For the card, I used this week's sketch from Tuesday Morning Sketches. I decided to venture on an easel card, my first ever. I used the a nestability to cut out my circles. The sentiments are freebies I downloaded a long time ago from Scrappedlives (Enjoy) and MMDesigns (circle sentiment). The paper is from a large stack of scrap paper (probably DCWV) I bought several years ago. The flowers with the gems were a birthday present from a friend last year.




I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Tuesday Morning Sketches – Sketch 114 (+ use pink)
Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge – Anything goes + sparkles
Sentimental Sundays – Anything goes



For the box I used a template created by Ellis Hendriks that I found in a Dutch hobby magazine early this year (Hobbyjournaal no. 72). The original box can be viewed at the creator's blog at Ellis in Scrapland. The box and card were both made with the same scrap paper. The leaves and flowers were made using a Marianne Design die, the ribbon comes from my stash and the flower heart/knob on the lid is actually a magnet from a set I bought at a DIY shop in Heraklion. The flower and the punched tag were both inked with dusty concord distress ink and stamped with stamps from the Clearly hand stamped set from Crafter's Companion.




I'd like to enter this box into the following challenges:
Marianne Design Divas – Bloom and grow (use flowers and any MD product)
Anything goes – Die cuts and/or punches
Simply create – Older than 6 months
Simon Says Stamp – Sparkle and bling
Papertake weekly – Anything goes
Delightful Challenges – Make it dimensional

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous and elegant. Love the shape of that box. Thanks for joining us at Marianne Diva's.
    Hugs Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous box & card thank you for joining us at CYDA hope to see you again soon, good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely projects. I'll bet your friends admired them. You did easel cards proud and that box is so original...just lovely...one of my faves so far.
    Thanks for playing along with Simply Create and our challenge of "Older Than Six Months."
    Erica (DT Member)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous project love the card and the papers are gorgeous.
    Thanks for joining us at Papertake weekly
    Angie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful!! I love the card with the little dainty pink flowers and the all in one box is so cool!! Thanks for joining us Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous sparkly creation and love the color choice, thank you for sharing your lovely work with us at The Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge this week.
    hugs Kate xx
    PS I have some new candy if you are interested:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic, and this box is amazing. :)0 Love that shape.
    Thanks for joining DC.

    Hugs, Rosalien

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Marianne,
    These look gorgeous. I love the colours. The box is fab, (what an unusual shape), & the card is beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Secret Crafters this week.
    Hugs,
    Andie xx

    ReplyDelete