Thursday 19 May 2011

X-mas in May

Last year I made the first preparations for making my own X-mas cards in August. In September I started to be very busy again with work, so in the end I managed to complete only a few hand-made cards by December. This year I'm starting even earlier, and with the help and encouragement of lots of other crafters and the inspiring examples at all the Christmas Challenge blogs I have found so far, making X-mas cards should be smooth sailing this year ...

For my first card (and the second one below) I used the sketch from Christmas Cards All Year Round, which really got the creative juices flowing. I'm sure I'll be using this sketch a lot!


So here it is, my first X-mas card for 2011:


Materials used
Patterned papers: Marianne Design - eline's Traditional Christmas
Snowflakes: Cuttlebug die
Penguin: Marianne Design decoupage sheet - eline's snow-friends 2

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Christmas Cards All Year Round - sketch, see above
Winter Wonderland Challenge - Christmas Presents

Below follows card 2/5 for CCAYR:


For this one, I used the same set-up as for the first card, but instead of a decoupage sheet I used a stamp, again from Marianne Design. I wanted to use embossing powder, which I thought would be white frosted, but it turned out to be transparent. That's way I stamped over the image again with white ink and then tried another layer of embossing powder. Oh well, it's all part of the learning curve ...

4 comments:

  1. Well done on your first Christmas card, and what a cute penguin. Thanks for playing at WW. Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh so pleased you joined us with your first Xmas card, hope you keep up with us especially for the next few exciting weeks, great creation
    Kate xx
    Winter Wonderland DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards! The penguin is so cute and I love the use of the same background but 2 totally different cards. I think the deer turned out great...like he is in the snow-very peaceful card

    ReplyDelete
  4. The penguin reminds me: there's this very good friend of mine who loves these adorable animals and she always gets a penguin card from me. So I'd better start on that one! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete